So I setup some automated emails to my housemates to remind them to PAY THEIR RENT!
I ended up doing this via exim4 using this method by using a gmail account to send the mail instead of sending it straight from the system itself. (MTU blocks outgoing smtp)
To ensure that the message wasn’t getting flagged as spam and html formatting was working correctly, I used a really great email test page by Brandon Checketts
From the page, it does:
- Uses Mail::DomainKeys (with a little hack) for DomainKeys lookups
- Uses Mail::DKIM::Verifier for DKIM information
- Uses Mail::SPF for SPF Lookups
- Uses Mail::SpamAssassin for SA information
- Uses Net::DNS::Resolver::Programmable for some more detailed DNS Lookups
Upon browsing the site a little more, this dude seems like a legitimate linux admin who posts some really informational guides! Nice.