Hey there! I’m Mario. I grew up in Southeastern Michigan, went to Michigan Tech University, and love building infrastructure.
Constantly playing/breaking computers, I took multiple tech-related courses in High School eventually knowing exactly what to pursue. At Michigan Tech, I studied Computer Network and System Administration with a minor in Economics, held e-board positions running both the Progressive Security Group and Linux Users Group, and worked for the school IT department. After that, I helped bring microservices and other DevOps concepts to Arbor Networks, eventually leaving to form the network security company, Arroyo Networks and starting a DevOps oriented Ann Arbor meetup group, Orchestructure.
My main interests include the design, implementation, and orchestration of systems infrastructure, especially as it relates to emerging technologies around containerized microservices. I love modern DevOps challenges including distributed application delivery, clustering, API’s, and web optimization. I’m a Linux guy who runs Arch, likes to endlessly customize his zsh configuration, and thinks tmux should be installed by default.
Feel free to contact me for a CV or just to chat! I would love to hear input on articles you’d like to see or ideas about existing posts.
Other blogs to explore
The following is a list of other bright individuals I like to keep an eye on:
- Calidog Security (Ryan Sears)
- TechsMix Networks (Jared Ledvina)
- Chris Down SRE @ Facebook
- Evan Hazlett - Creator of Shipyard and Chief Hacker on Project Orca @ Docker Inc.
- Filippo Valsorda - A clever italian on the Cloudflare Security Team
- David Cramer - Co-founder of Sentry
- Patrick Meehan - The WebPageTest guy!
- ClassicYuppie (John Fox)
- Jason Wilder
- Trevor Parker
- Ben Cane
- Paradox Designs (Jeff Sandberg)
- Hayden James
- Seth Brasile
- James Coyle
- Steve Losh
- Mattias Geniar
- Servers for Hackers (Chris Fidao)